- Running transition classes to help novices move up to club level- It is one thing to get people learning bridge and playing in gentle bridge sessions – but the next move, migrating players to full club sessions, can be particularly challenging. Camberley bridge club had a bright idea. Why not run classes specifically aimed at this transition? “Like all clubs we want to get new members … Continue reading "Running transition classes to help novices move up to club level"
- How to run a bridge taster session- First impressions count for a lot – and can often be hard to overturn. That is true for bridge clubs just as it is in other areas of life, which means that what happens the first time a visitor or prospective bridge student comes along is super important. “Taster sessions,” where potential bridge students come … Continue reading "How to run a bridge taster session"
- Joining students to your club: how to do it, why it matters, and a special offer!- Running a membership campaign and having some new students turn up at your bridge club is exciting, but it is only the start. Our goal is not just to teach people bridge (good though that is), but to strengthen the membership of EBU clubs so that bridge continues to thrive. We do quite often hear … Continue reading "Joining students to your club: how to do it, why it matters, and a special offer!"
Why membership development?
The English Bridge Union has developed this site as a resource centre for clubs who wish to increase their membership, and to encourage more clubs to do so.
Bridge is a fantastic game but in the Internet era we need to take action to keep the game vibrant and healthy for the future.
On this site you will find:
- Information on how to run a membership campaign for your club
- Bridge teaching resources and help on how to bring people from lessons, to intermediate sessions, and to full club sessions
- Templates, images and photos for use in publicity material
- Data exploring the demographics of Bridge and why clubs are under threat
- Blog with news and updates on membership campaigns around the country
This is a new resource and we welcome feedback. Please contact us with questions or suggestions.