- Joining students to your club: how to do it, why it matters, and a special offer!- Running a membership campaign and having some new students turn up at your bridge club is exciting, but it is only the start. Our goal is not just to teach people bridge (good though that is), but to strengthen the membership of EBU clubs so that bridge continues to thrive. We do quite often hear … Continue reading "Joining students to your club: how to do it, why it matters, and a special offer!"
- Bridge clubs and technology: a key aspect of your service to members- In membership development it is not only the journey but the destination that is important. Put another way, if we seek new members for our club, we need to make the club as attractive as possible to them. Among the biggest areas of change in bridge clubs is in use of technology. Many of us … Continue reading "Bridge clubs and technology: a key aspect of your service to members"
- What is it like to learn to teach bridge? Report from Bristol- The key to increasing membership for most bridge clubs is to teach the game. Our experience is that wherever a club puts together a package including teaching, gentle supervised play and carefully planned marketing, there is a ready supply of people wanting to learn. “We are now on our 3rd course and have enough people … Continue reading "What is it like to learn to teach bridge? Report from Bristol"
Why membership development?
The English Bridge Union has developed this site as a resource centre for clubs who wish to increase their membership, and to encourage more clubs to do so.
Bridge is a fantastic game but in the Internet era we need to take action to keep the game vibrant and healthy for the future.
On this site you will find:
- Information on how to run a membership campaign for your club
- Bridge teaching resources and help on how to bring people from lessons, to intermediate sessions, and to full club sessions
- Templates, images and photos for use in publicity material
- Data exploring the demographics of Bridge and why clubs are under threat
- Blog with news and updates on membership campaigns around the country
This is a new resource and we welcome feedback. Please contact us with questions or suggestions.